Hear ye Hear ye, Read this blog

Hear ye Hear ye, Read this blog

This is some good reading

This is some good reading

IDK, this stuff looks a little skechy to me...

IDK, this stuff looks a little skechy to me...

Monday, July 28, 2008

Lets go on a webquest!


Dodge, B. (1997). Webquests. Retrieved July 22, 2008, from San Diego State University WebQuest site: http://webquest.sdsu.edu/about webquests.html

This article is a brief introduction to what a webquest is, what it involves, and what steps to take to design your own. Basically a webquest is an activity that takes students online to make use of internet resources, often as part of a group project. It's almost like an online scavenger hunt. I recently designed my own webquet (for the first time ever) so I will see how it works this fall. I'm hoping that it will be more effective than simply assigning a topic for students to research. In my webquest I provide resources students can use so they don't have to waste time going through websites. I also clearly state the taks, process, and evaluation tool that will be used. There are some higher level thinking skills that ideally should be included in webquests such as: comparing, classifying, inducing, deducing, analyzing, etc. I think webquests are the new research report.

Peace to all my fans in outerspace. are you out there? does anyone read my blog besides my bf?

Love, mrm




immrmrvsmacwtshi3md

1 comment:

Erin said...

I read it for the insightful ideas and the awesome monkey pictures. I like you Quest picture.

hmmm...very interesting

hmmm...very interesting

I don't hear you