Hear ye Hear ye, Read this blog

Hear ye Hear ye, Read this blog

This is some good reading

This is some good reading

IDK, this stuff looks a little skechy to me...

IDK, this stuff looks a little skechy to me...

Monday, July 14, 2008

Chapters 1-2 Erben, Sarieva


All you night owls are in for a treat, I decided to stay up and do a late night post rather than go to sleep...

Chapter one in CALLing all foreign language teachers: computer assisted learning in the classroom is basically just an introduction to and explanation of the book. First off, I have to say that my tech director in Kuspuk would probably give Sabine a high five for giving us a book with activities aligned with the ISTE standards, since it is something we are trying to incorporate more of in our schools next year. Just flipping through the book I see a lot of activities I would love to share with teachers in my district. Second of all, I would personally like to give Sabine a high five for giving us this book, as I can definitely use a chapter or two for my research! This book sounds like it is full of tech-related activities, as well as advice on how to effectively teach a foreign language with tech (and how not to).

Erben T. (2008). Introduction : CALLing all foreign language teachers. In T. Erben & I. Sarieva (Eds), CALLing all foreign language teachers: Computer-assisted language learning in the classroom. (pp. 1-5). New York: Eyes On Education, Inc.

Chapter 2:
What can I say, this chapter had me from Vygotsky. I am all about mediated learning--I believe students learn through active engagement and interaction with materials, their peers, and their teachers. Teachers need to facilitate this learning by providing meaningful opportunities for students. Using technology to enhance language instruction is an excellent way to get students actively engaged in their learning. I like the term electronic literacy and I think the authors make a good point with how important this type of literacy will be to our student's futures. Many of the jobs today's students will have might not even exist yet, so it is important that teachers empower students with the skills to become lifelong learners. Personally I'm very excited to get into this book more, and get some new ideas on how to effectively integrate technology into my course.

Erben T., & Zoran, A. (2008). Guiding principles: Second langauge acquisition, instructional technology, and the constructivist framework. In T. Erben & I. Sarieva (Eds), CALLing all foreign language teachers: Computer-assisted language learning in the classroom. (pp. 7-11). New York: Eyes On Education, Inc.

Ciao,
mrm

cw2berv

No comments:

hmmm...very interesting

hmmm...very interesting

I don't hear you