Hear ye Hear ye, Read this blog

Hear ye Hear ye, Read this blog

This is some good reading

This is some good reading

IDK, this stuff looks a little skechy to me...

IDK, this stuff looks a little skechy to me...

Monday, November 3, 2008

Portfolios

I found this chapter interesting and helpful. I am going to keep my response short & sweet, as my right hand is tired of doing all the work today :)

I have used showcase & collection portfolios in the past---good, but same issues the chapter mentions

"aha" --- I should be moving towards an assessment portfolio that links curriculum/instruction to assessment, and allows students to have input in the criteria. also should involve more student self-assessment

also, i am starting to get some great ideas of how I might use portfolios (newsletter writing samples) and now I need to figure out how to best use student self-assessment, and student selected criteria. I feel like a lot of the examples were geared towards younger students.

in a way i have been using portfolios, but not in a systematic way...i like the ideas for contents page, and page for notes for others (parents, next teachers etc)....i would love to take these ideas and turn it into an electronic portfolio with my class.

i will be getting a new cast tomorrow during class, so think of me!! the best way to reach me this week is via e-mail.

take care, and i hope to talk to you all soon!

Em

1 comment:

languagemcr said...

Emilia,
Nice ideas to improve on what you've already done. Yes, your comment about the portfolios being systematic is important and often missing. Also, when students self assess they gain more ownership in the process.
Marilee

I'm sorry about your wrist. What a drag!!

hmmm...very interesting

hmmm...very interesting

I don't hear you